Prayer and Progress
- There is a sense of progress being made with several negotiated agreements having been made already. There is still a long way to go in dozens of different policy areas, with intense activity by advisors and diplomats from every nation now that the heads of state have left. Friday is ‘Youth and Public empowerment’ day in COP26. Pray for hope for the future to infiltrate the youth day at COP26. Pray that all the generations would be more mindful of the generations to come.
- There will also be a youth march in the city on Friday. Hope is in short supply for many young people but we have a God of Hope who can cause us to overflow with hope- who is never overwhelmed by a situation. Pray for the message of the church in these protest marches to carry some of this hope. Pray that these passionate young people would have revelation of salvation and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for creative solutions to be revealed for the problems of today to bring hope, peace and joy for the future.
- If anyone in the Glasgow would like to join us in person to pray during weekdays, please get in touch: email@example.com
- A live evening of Praise & Prayer hosted by Re:Hope Southside Church with Tearfund, Alpha, 24/7 Prayer, including some input from Ben at 7.30pm on Friday 5th. Attend in person: Re:Hope Southside 14 Regwood St, Glasgow G41 3JG or watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Av7xxFhvyQ
- Online prayer gatherings at 6pm-7.30pm on Wednesday 10th hosted by the World Prayer Centre and Friday 12th hosted by YWAM. Login details [please do not share on social media]:
Meeting ID: 924 5023 7392 Password: 017843
Please follow Holy Spirit in your intercession. There are many simultaneous discussions taking place and the Lord may lead us all in different directions to cover different things.
It’s good to do this together.
On behalf of the Climate Intercessors leadership team
This is part of a series of stories on COP26 that we are aggregating from a number of different organizations who have people on the frontlines at COP26 in Glasgow.