Creation Stewards International (CSI) has developed training and discipleship programs in Africa that have been remarkably successful. By teaching people how to restore their farms and forests, reversing land degradation, crop yields are increasing. Farmers can grow enough food for their families, and their hope is being restored. The solution is long-term, reduces dependency upon outsiders, and it transforms people spiritually, physically, and economically.
CSI is currently looking to hire a Development Director with proven fundraising skills to help expand this work. The Development Director will seek to develop strategic relationships with key people, churches, and organizations that will increase funding for the expansion of CSI’s ministry in Africa and beyond. If you have a passion for wholistic ministry that integrates creation stewardship with the gospel, and good fundraising skills, check out this job opportunity!
Key responsibilities include:
- Fundraising to enable ministry expansion.
- Networking and the development of a larger and more diverse donor base (Wealthy Private Donors, Planned/Estate Giving, Donor Advised Fund lists, Foundations and recurring gifts)
- Strategic and administrative leadership in cooperation with USA Director Rev. Erik Hyatt, and Kenya Director Craig Sorley.
- Represent and passionately promote CSI to donors, churches, mission agencies, and the global Christian community.
- Organize speaking, training, and creative fundraising events.
Location: USA (Remote, Preferably MN or FL)
Terms: Part-time or full time (subject to probationary period and successful fundraising)
Salary: US $60,000 – 80,000 annually (subject to successful fundraising)
Closing date: Open till filled
- Donor development experience within a Non-profit or Christian ministry. o International Development or overseas mission background a bonus.
- Proven/Successful fundraising track-record.
- Experience working in cross-cultural contexts a bonus.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent organizational development skills: project management & donor relationships.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team player with ability to supervise, train and motivate others.
- Ability to inspire and connect with a wide range of Christian leaders.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong computer and software skills: Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Zoom, etc.
- A passion for evangelical missions, discipleship, wholistic ministry, and integrating creation stewardship with a clear connection to the gospel.
- Servant-hearted leadership that enables others to grow.
- Commitment to understanding and communicating the realities of world hunger, especially chronic poverty and hunger in Africa.
- Strong desire to see the poor delivered from dependency on foreign aid.
If you’re interested, or know someone who may be a good fit, please apply or find out more by writing to Craig Sorley at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d really appreciate it if you could share this job opportunity within your networks too!